In the current busy fast life, YouTube is probably the most popular video-sharing platform. From learning, sharing knowledge, promotions, and many things. It’s a platform for uploading video and to make it open for the entire world if anyone desires. We can learn, watch, enjoy everything available there. It is very easy to use but many users face trouble while streaming video on YouTube. The problem includes the appearance of a black screen while trying to stream YouTube videos.
It may occur because of poor internet connection which also can results in only voice output without video on the screen. Also, cache memory and browsing history or you can say browsing data can lead to this problem. Also, extensions and AdBlockers can cause this error in YouTube video streaming. Hardware Acceleration is one of the reasons for this error but there is also an exception to this.
How to Solve YouTube Black Screen Error
This could be due to browser type and browser mode or even, it could happen due to the logged-in condition of your YouTube account. Moreover, having or using a backdated browser can cause this issue. Well, after hearing all these reasons nothing to worry about. We have come up with the solution for all the above mentioned possible reasons to overcome. For a better result follow the order accordingly. This article will help you out to get a solution for this error.
Solution 1: Checking your Connection
Before heading towards other methods to be applied use this one first as it is the simplest solution that anyone can apply. Without the internet our this virtual life is almost dead we can say and that you can not play YouTube without a proper internet connection. Even if you don’t have a fast or a certain speed on the internet you may face this problem.
And network instability may lead to this problem which is the reason for not enjoying smooth and hassle-free online video streaming. Network connection plays a vital role and even without its required connection your browser may prevent loading videos completely results in showing a black screen or some people may face only the output of the audio.
Check your internet connection and after changing refresh the webpage to reload it and check if the video is playing properly. Besides this, don’t forget to check the network status of other computers which are connected to that network and also take care of that there shouldn’t have any proxies involved as they hinder the data traffic of your system and also check if all other running programs are consuming more data or not. After this, if this issue still happening follow the next method.
Solution 2: Clearing Browsing data
Sometimes, the history and cache of your browser may fill up to a level that your browser might get stuck or cache may interfere which can lead to the black screen editing YouTube video. Here you can see how to overcome this caused error but this method will erase all your browsing history. For this :
- To open the “Clear Browsing Data” window press Ctrl + Shift + Del at a time from your keyboard. Then click the option labeled “Advanced” on the top of it and then make sure all the checkboxes should be checked. Now select “Clear Browsing Data”.
- Now with the help of the task manager close all applications and restart your browser. Check if the problem persists or not.
If still, you are facing the problem, then scroll down and apply other methods.
Solution 3: Disabling AdBlockers and Extensions
If the previous method doesn’t work for you then your browser extension might create an issue. Firstly update the extension of your browser and check if it fixed or not.
While facing an issue it is recommended to disable all extensions from the browser and for this :
- Type chrome://extensions in the address bar and press enter to check browser extensions.
- Now by unchecking the “Enable” labeled option you can disable any extensions of your browser, which will automatically disable the extension making problem to your UI.
- Make sure you have disabled all AdBlockers, this is a very known problem related to YouTube video streaming.
- Restart your browser and check the video is playing properly or not.
Solution 4: Disabling Hardware Acceleration
Many users apply this and get the solution easily. For this, you need to basically assign some tasks to GPU instead of CPU which refers to Hardware Acceleration. It can also boost some items but sometimes it can bring unwanted issues to your computer. This can be overcome by disabling Hardware Acceleration and this can be done in this way:
- Click on Google Chrome to open it and after that click on the menu icon(vertical three dots) which is situated in the top right side of the window.
- Now from the menu opt for the settings option.
- In the settings window, click on the Advanced labeled option.
- Navigate to the “System” labeled subheading. Under this category, you will find the “Use hardware acceleration when available” named option and uncheck it.
- After unchecking to relaunch your browser you will get a new option depicting “Relaunch” and click on it.
Now check if the error fixed or not. If this doesn’t work for you we can go with another method by disabling “Hardware-accelerated video decode” and for this:
- In your browser’s address bar type “chrome://flags/” and hit the Enter key.
- Now find the “Hardware-accelerated video decode” option and disable it.
- Now a pop-up will appear asking for relaunching of your browser and relaunch it and check if this error fixed or not.
Solution 4: Using Software Rendering (for IE and Edge users)
Google Chrome requires Hardware Acceleration to run efficiently but Microsoft Edge is the opposite of this where for a smoother process it prefers software rendering and to work with ease. If you are facing problems while streaming YouTube videos in IR or Edge. For this :
- To open the search bar of your start menu press Windows + S and type internet options there and open the first result.
- From the internet, options go to the Advanced tab and you will find one Checkbox labeling “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering“. You need to check that option and apply to save the changes.
Now restart your computer and now check whether the video is streaming on YouTube properly or not.
Solution 5: Streaming Videos without logging in or in Incognito Mode
It has been reported by many users that they troubled this issue while playing YouTube videos while logged in to their YouTube account. After logging out they reported that they experienced a hassle-free video streaming on YouTube. Beyond this, you can open YouTube via Incognito mode. To apply Incognito mode follow the following steps :
- Go to the Google Chrome icon and right-click on it.
- You will get one menu and from them select “New incognito window”.
Now check if the problem persists or the video is playing smoothly.
Solution 6: Updating your Browser
Not having an up to date web browser can lead to this problem. If it isn’t updated to its latest version, your browser might be using Adobe Flash Player plugin which is no more supported by YouTube, and generally, this error can occur. In the case of another browser, you can uninstall and install it again. For Chrome follow the following steps:
- Open Google Chrome and go to the top right side to open the menu. Select “help” and then select “About Google Chrome” under this.
- Automatically Chrome will search for updates if available and download it accordingly. Launch the browser again. After making sure that you have saved all the things click on the Relaunch button.
- Now check if your YouTube steaming is going hassle-free or not.
Now open YouTube and try for a streaming video and check if this issue of appearing black screen is still there or not.
Adobe Flash Player is broadly used to embed videos on websites and also it is pre-installed in many browsers. For this, you can try to uninstall and install the latest version of it which can solve your problem. However, for this YouTube has switched its users to HTML5 player from Adobe Flash Player by default. Nevertheless, on different browsers, there are some add-ons that create problems and you can troubleshoot this problem by checking if your browser supports HTML5 or not.
For a better and fast result apply these methods one by one accordingly. Specifically for YouTube Black Screen error carefully check if the checkboxes are checked or unchecked as per requirements. Still, if you are facing the issue it could also be due to the graphics card drivers. In that case, you need to update your graphics card driver to shoot this error.
Besides this using different browsers and settings may vary depending on that browser. Hope you have found this article helpful. Do not forget to mention and let us know which method worked for you to overcome this error. Well, Keep going, Good luck!